Everyone wants to sell their house for the most amount of money, but how do you do that? Kelli McGovern Homes’ simple guide will help you to best navigate the Spring market.
- Talk to an agent.
- Preferably a neighborhood expert. They know the best time to list, the best price, what fixes you should make prior to listing the house, marketing strategy- the list goes on. Homes listed with agents sell faster and for more money than for-sale-by-owner properties, and agents know how to navigate all that tricky legally binding paperwork, inspections, appraisals, and any hiccups along the way. It’s important to talk to an agent first so you have plenty of time to prepare.
- Make a plan and stick to it.
- Now that you’ve spoken with an agent, you know what you need to do. Now comes the fun part: tackling your to-do’s. Make sure that you speak to your lender. Paint what needs to be painted. Keep the house tidy. It’s easy to slack a little, but you want to stick to the plan so you don’t lose out on your bottom line.
- See it through to the end.
- Keep current on your payments, make sure that the house stays clean and well-maintained, and keep insurance in place on the property. Not doing so could cost you more than just the sale of your property- it could negatively impact your credit score as well.
- Closing time.
- The average transaction length from the time you accept an offer to when you close the sale is about 45 days. All your hard work pays off on closing day- literally. Once the transaction funds you will receive a check for your proceeds from the sale.
It all starts with hiring an agent who knows what they are doing and is up to the task of selling your property for top dollar. Here at Kelli McGovern Homes we do just that. I’ve been licensed since 2014 and am a multi-million dollar producer. I know how best to navigate a multiple-offer situation, how to negotiate inspections, and even how to find and help you purchase your next home. Call me today, I’d love to be your agent.